Tuesday, September 30, 2008

The hike to Timpanogos Cave

Danny and I hiked to Timpanogos Cave Tuesday afternoon. Danny took Jakob in the baby carrier and I brought the diaper bag. I can't believe how out of shape I really am! One lady commented, "Now your husband knows what it's like to carry a baby for nine months." I replied, "Yeah, but he still hikes up the mountain better than I do." Danny was about 20 steps ahead of me the entire way. He has too much energy for his own good.








The camera doesn't show how steep this mountainside is, but it's absolutely beautiful. Danny didn't tell me how steep the trail was because he didn't want me to chicken out. It's only 1 and 1/2 miles straight up the mountain!














Strike a pose! This is a pretty cool archway. It was on the trail to Timp. cave.









I saw this huge spider crawling along the trail towards me. I am usually jumpy around spiders, but I got close enough to take a picture. It was about the size of a half dollar.








On the hike we also saw a lizard walking along the rocks. I didn't realize lizards lived this high up.








This is the view of Highland from the canyon. The camera doesn't do it justice, but the view is amazing. We were pretty high.











So I was sitting on a bench with Danny next to me and he started reading this sign from about 5 yards back. I could barely focus on the words and he could actually read them.









This is the sign he was reading.













We had to put Jakob in his jaket before entering the cave. It was about 45 degrees inside the cave. Luckily Jakob fell asleep right before entering the cave so he didn't cry through the whole tour.










We all made it out alive! It was a lot of fun and worth the hike.



















No comments: