Thursday, October 30, 2008

All I could do was laugh

Jakob is starting to figure out how toys work. He just sits and stares at them for a while, eventually getting brave enough to grab or twist the toys in front of him. He enjoys the bouncy bouncer, but is also fond of the tummy time mat. He has learned that he can move around easier when he's on his back and also that he can reach the toys hanging above him. Jakob is also learning how to roll to his side. He seems pretty particular to his left side because I haven't seen him attempt his right side quite yet.


He looks pretty contorted in this picture, but he really isn't all that flexible; believe me. He can barely touch is toes to his nose. Shouldn't babies be more flexible at 4 months? Anyway, I was folding some clothes while watching Jakob on his tummy time mat. He was keeping himself occupied: looking in the mirror, grabbing the yellow lion, looking at the colors on the mat, and kicking his legs. I thought it was cute to watch him figure out how it all works. As I watched him kick his feet, I noticed his legs had managed to inch near the bar that holds up the toys. Seconds later, his aggressive kick caused the entire mat to topple over!

All I could do was laugh and run for the camera. (what an awful mom!) It was hilarious! When I took the mat off of his face his just looked at me thinking, Did I just do that? I was still chuckling when I looked at him, but he didn't seemed bothered at all. What a funny moment.

No comments: