I took a picture of this gas station because of the price of gas. It reads 2.35! Pretty cheap huh? I know all of you are jealous.
Tuesday, October 28, 2008
Connecticut adventures part III
On the third day of our drive, we planned for about 13 hours: another "long" day. We made preparations for the day and drove out of Illinois into Iowa, and then drove through Indiana, Ohio, and ended in Pennsylvania.

I took a picture of this gas station because of the price of gas. It reads 2.35! Pretty cheap huh? I know all of you are jealous.
We drove through the beautiful state of Indiana, paying toll roads along the way. It wasn't that expensive, but definitely annoying. Every time we needed to get off the free way to feed Jakob, we had to pay a toll. "If you don't pay no toll, you don't get no roll."--robin hood men in tights
Indiana had less cornfields and more big, colorful trees! It was a nice change of scenery. I really enjoyed the drive through "Gary Indiana, Gary Indiana, Gary Indiana." (this part of the song was in my head the entire way because we actually drove through Gary Indiana...Indiana is a pretty big state! And yes the song was in my head the entire time.)
In Indiana, Danny got far enough ahead of his parents that we had about 45 minutes between us. He noticed the sign leading to the University of Notre Dame, so of course we had to stop! He's a little bit of a fanatic when it comes to college football.
This picture is random, but I took it because it reminds me of my brother Kregg. I'm always trying to find Irish paraphernalia for him. We passed an Irish Pub and eats, but I didn't have the camera ready. Love ya bro!
The first thing Danny wanted to see was the stadium. It's really nice!
This is an older building on campus.
Another older building on campus, with us in the background.
A walkway...where we walk. The trees are huge and so colorful! I was pretty impressed, although Danny still thinks their football team is overrated. We won't go into that.
We made it into Ohio and saw cornfields and big trees. I think I remember seeing more cornfields than trees. Ohio is also beautiful! The peak of fall was more noticeable in Ohio.
I loved seeing corn fields and the different barns that were in the corn fields. It mostly just gave me something to do while we drove.
We finally made it to Pennsylvania by nightfall. I took the picture to early so it's kind of hard to see, but it was my only chance-we can't exactly hop out of the car while driving on the freeway. We struggled to find the hotel in the dark because the GPS kept getting lost. We drove around for what seemed like 30 minutes, eventually going up the same hill we would have gone up in the first place; if only we would have looked carefully we would have seen the sign pointing us in the right direction. We were all tired and ready for bed.
I took a picture of this gas station because of the price of gas. It reads 2.35! Pretty cheap huh? I know all of you are jealous.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment