Friday, November 7, 2008

The new experience...for all of us!

For the past two days I've been giving Jakob a Tablespoon of rice cereal in a bottle for his evening feeding. I wanted to make sure he was use to the taste before diving into the full serving size. My interest in rice cereal sparked when I noticed him at the dinner table eying our food and following our hand, with his curious eyes, as the spoon or fork reached our mouth. Yesterday I decided that he was ready for a thicker version of his evening meal. I wasn't sure about the outcome, but I was prepared for anything that might happen. After about 15 minutes of my attempt to shovel rice cereal into an active mouth, Jakob managed to keep all of the cereal down, get it all over his hands and face, and continue to look around for more. I think he really enjoyed himself and I was so proud that it was a success!


No comments: