Monday, December 1, 2008

Even Danny enjoyed it!

For the past month I have been quite the little homemaker. (yes mom, you would be proud!) I have been using recipes out of a cookbook instead of the backside of a box. Last week I made a chicken pot pie from a recipe that I got from recipezaar.com-which all of you should check out sometime. I had to make the crust, cut up the veggies, steam the potatoes, make the sauce using cornstarch and chicken broth...I mean, this is the real deal! It took an hour to put together and another hour or so to cook; but hey, I'm pretty proud. Even Danny, who doesn't even like chicken pot pie, ate it and even took leftovers to work the following day. It made me wish that I had others here to share it with.

1 comment:

Heather said...

Wow! That is pretty cool! I love a blog called www.crockpot365.blogspot.com She set a goal at the end of last year to cook something in her crockpot every single day this year. She even gives the review of how her family liked it too! Not all of the recipes are my taste, but I have gotten some really great ones that are now family favorites!