I finally got around to putting up our Christmas tree. (notice how I said "I"; not we or Danny and I, just "I". We'll get to that in a bit.) I love turning up the Christmas music while opening up boxes full of holiday decorations. We have about three boxes full of Santa, snowmen, and other festive decor just waiting to be put in the right place. I was excited to see/remember what things we actually had because most of it was stored in the "big blue storage unit" (thanks mom and dad) and a lot of it I haven't seen for nearly 3 years. I'll admit that I even got slightly giddy as I pulled one thing out after another. Unfortunately I was the only one enjoying this moment; Jakob would watch me go back and forth, from box to box , trying to find the right place. Danny didn't do much either, he just read looked up from his book from time to time and tried to look excited when I said, "look how cute this is!" I even asked Danny to hang up his own Christmas ornaments-you know, the ones we get from Grandma-but he refused! Finally, because I kept nagging him, he hung up his ornaments exactly next to my ornaments... what can I say? He did what I asked, right? Well, it was fun for me. Now we can enjoy a Christmas tree and all of the presents that get put under it.
Don't they just look so excited to decorate for Christmas? This was pretty much their expression the entire time! Ba humbug!
Here are recent photos of our Christmas tree corner...
2 comments:
i think you're tree is awesome! Don't worry.. when Jakob is 4 he'll be hounding you to put up Christmas. Then you two can enjoy it together. :-)
I love your Christmas tree and decorations! We just got our tree and put it up too. I told Phil that it was his turn to pick out the tree and decorate it because every year he complains that I take over and do what I want, not what he wants. Well, when we were picking out a tree he kept asking me which one I liked and what one I wanted. I kept telling him that this was his year and he can pick. But he picked one that he knew I liked and when we got home he said to just decorate it the way I want. Well, I was happy but then he just sat down in front of the tv. I was hoping he would want to help but I was still happy just to decorate it. :)
Post a Comment