Saturday, January 24, 2009

close to heaven






Tiffany & CO, Baby Gap, Bath & Body Works, Mac store....you name it, they've got it! The Providence Place in Rhode Island is AMAZING!

I talked Danny into going back to the crazy spaghetti bowl of RI and walking, not shopping, around the gigantic mall that I spotted on our way home from Boston in November.

If you can remember, we visited some friends in Boston for Thanksgiving and on our way home from Plymouth we managed to get lost in RI because we were without a Garmin and were faithfully following directions from mapquest. Through the frustration and confusion in our journey I still managed to spot a GIGANTIC shopping center in the heart of Providence. I remember it all so well...We were looping through the spaghetti of freeways and as we came around the turn there it was: a lit up shopping center with signs of all my favorite stores. All I could say was WOW!

Today, the 4 leveled shopping center is my new heaven on earth. I wasn't a big fan of mall shopping until I climbed the stairs and entered the doors of the incredible building lined with high fashioned merchendise that you only hear about on 'access hollywood' or read about in 'people' magazine. Now I fear that I may need to make mall shopping my new hobby, as long as I can make the trip to RI (or if I have money...which isn't the case)

Trusting in our garmin once again we ventured to Newport, RI on our way home. We are always taking detours so that we can experiences new places. (this is for all of you folks that visit us. By the time you come we will be able to take you to really cool places)

Another WOW reaction from me! Who would have thought that measly RI actually has some spunk and personality. Newport is BEAUTIFUL! Besides the frigid cold wind, the port is delicately lined with little, authentic shops built in the 1700's and sea boats of all shapes and sizes bobbling against the shore. We smelled some pretty good resaurants too! SEA FOOD....yum!

2 comments:

Jennifer said...

Oh Jamie, I have missed you so! So happy to see a post. How have you been?

Daija said...

So fun! We went to that mall and I guess I didn't realize how big it is! We only went to the Best Buy and Bed Bath & Beyond. I'm now thinking that should have been a pretty good clue as to how big it really is. :) I'm pretty sad we didn't go to Tiffany & Co.

And we love Newport! You will have to go when it's warm and do the cliff walk. It's beautiful.