Wednesday, January 7, 2009

What are the signs?

I finally took Jakob to the doctor because he has been congested and coughing for the past week. I was HOPING that it would only last a couple of days like it has in the past, but this time I took him in because I felt horrible every time he woke himself up coughing.

Well, I took him in and it turns out that he is just suffering a common cold- the usual sniffles and coughs. ( I can handle that) But after the Doc finished Jakob's checkup he said, " It looks like Jakob has an ear infection." ...WHAT? I was completely taken back because I had always thought that babies with ear infections show specific signs, like a fever, pulling on the ear, etc. Little did I know that Jakob had an ear infection the whole time I thought it was a cold.

Actually, I think because of the cold it brought on the ear infection....anyway, Jakob has his first ear infection and now has to take medicine. Poor kid!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Unfortunately his dad had many similar problems. Good luck.