Okay, so I was going through a creative phase a couple of days ago, planning vacation options for this upcoming fall, and I thought of a lot of random ideas that would be fun to do close by. I'm still trying to brainstorm, but I came up with some things that fit the perfect theme: Halloween.
Because Halloween is another one of my favorite holidays, I wanted to do something interesting for the month of October. It's the perfect time of year because it's during the fall, so it's not too hot and the weather is still good enough to do things along the coast.
I know New England is known for their fall scenes, so obviously I wanted to take a drive-probably through Granville, MA because we did that last year, but we missed all the leaves- and experience the beautiful New England country side. I would probably visit the little dairy farm and eat some of their famous cheese, or whatever else I could find as a good snack-I'm not sure yet.
Of course it's only fitting to visit New York and see the Broadway show Wicked. I mean, what's October without witches? -good or evil After the show I would have to find a restaurant with an October/Halloween/fall theme to eat some YUMMY food.
I've heard that in Salem, MA they hold mock witch trials in October to celebrate Halloween. I thought THAT would be fun, seeing as how it fits the time of year as well as the theme for my vacation idea. Plus, who could pass up Salem witch trials?
So that's all that I've got so far... I'm willing to hear suggestions or other ideas that fit the theme, so if you've got any pass them along my way.
Also, what kind of vacation would this be by myself? I need visitors to celebrate with!!! If you're interested, start saving now and let's go!
4 comments:
Ok, let's you and I go on a cruise together!! Or go stay at a nice hotel and get pampered all day and spend money! Tee hee (I'm serious by the way)
This idea isn't really a vacation be we do it every year and we look forward to it. You can host a murder mystery dinner party and invite people over from the neighborhood. We love doing those and they are so much fun. I'll keep thinking of other things to do.
You know I will be there, those are the same things I was thinking about doing. I will do some searches online. I have told Jason that we are going for sure so I hope everything works out. Do you know how much we can get Wicked tickets for?
Everything you suggested sounds like so much fun! I have always wanted to see Boston and Maine and everything else in between. I wish the checkbook agreed with my travel bug :) Have fun and let us know what you decide to do!
Jamie that sounds great and like tons of fun!!!! I will talk to Kregg about it and see what he thinks about going out there in October!!!!
Post a Comment