If you haven't noticed, my baby is growing up! Ever since Jakob turned 8 months it seems that I can't keep up with him. He is getting the hang of things pretty regularly around here: crawling, climbing, walking along the couch for support, and the list goes on.
Well, a couple of days ago I found out that Danny and Jakob were keeping a secret from me. I guess Daddy didn't think it was that important to let Mommy know the minute it happened....heh, yeah right. I'm pretty sure Danny didn't intentionally keep this supposed secret from me. Actually, I'm positive that he just forgot to say something...because it's a fact that if Danny doesn't tell me something the minute it happens, he usually forgets altogether and won't remember to say something unless I bring it up-which is how I learned about the "secret" in the first place.
So Danny was bored at work and decided to call his lovely wife at home, who was likely to be cleaning, doing the dishes, changing a diaper for the 100th time, or playing 'come catch me around the couch' with Jakob. When I answered the phone, Danny started asking the same old questions: what are you doing? what is Jakob doing? How is your day so far?
All of a sudden, Danny says "oh, put Jakob's back against the couch and hold out your arms." Struggling with the phone in one hand and a squirmy Jakob in the other, I leaned him against the couch and held out my arms. Suddenly, Jakob took 3 steps toward me. "WHAT!?!? How long has he been doing this?" I demanded. "I taught him yesterday, but I forgot to tell you." I'd say! My son takes his first steps and you just happen to FORGET to tell me? I, of course, wasn't too angry with Danny because I was more excited for Jakob, but I still couldn't understand how you forget to tell someone something that important.
So Jakob is trying to walk, although he still prefers to crawl because he's faster at it. I'm trying not to encourage walking quite yet, but Danny is really excited about it. They practice every night. Again....we are so proud of Jakob!
(To my friend Amy: the minute I found out that I was the second person to see Jakob walk, I thought about your recent blog about a similar story with Landon. I just had to laugh because it happened to me too. What can I say? It's a father son thing I guess. )
3 comments:
I'm so glad I wasn't the only one!! :) I can't believe Jakob started this early! Danny must be an extremely great baby-teacher! Anyway, I thought about you yesterday because I was going to warn you that in a few weeks, Jakob will be able to climb on top of his jungle crawl and cruise thing. Landon now uses it as a stepping stool--he climbs right up the spiral part and balances on top, holding onto the dressed next to it to reach a CD player he's not supposed to get into... BOYS!! They're the worst!! Just kidding--it was hilarious. Something to look forward for you!
*onto the dresser next to it... oops!
I can't believe he is walking! Loved the video by the way. I love watching him grow and seeing his progress in everything. Jakob has definitly been born with goodly parents. :)
Post a Comment