Friday, April 3, 2009

In honor of 9 months




Jakob is nine months today! My how time flies.

Jakob is a curious little guy and easily distracted. He is also very sensitive to his WANTS. If he doesn't get what he wants, or if I am doing something that he doesn't want, like putting him in his car seat, then he lets me know about it. Who knew babies cared so much?

Jakob has two teeth and more coming in; is climbing in to everything; prefers walking over crawling, which he needs our help for; is loving the taste of new food and letting us know which food he does NOT like; is learning how to clap and wave; likes to bounce to the jungle song; knows when Daddy goes to work and comes home; likes to look at books and lift the flaps; hates getting his diaper changed; is very ticklish on his feet and back; is fascinated with taking his socks off; and the list goes on!

The more I try to figure Jakob out, the more I decide that I don't like this stage of parenthood. I hate not being able to help him when I don't know what's wrong with him. The teething stage is killing me! I try to relieve his pain, but it doesn't always work. I find myself asking, "What's wrong Jakob?" or "What can I do to help you?" and even though I know he can't answer, I still hope that he will send out some sort of vibe or something to let me know how to help. It hardly ever works, but it sure would be nice if there were a certain look or a motion that he could slip past me so I don't feel like such a confused mom.

Jakob is a lot of fun and a perfect addition to our family. The next three months are going to soar past and then he'll be celebrating his first birthday! (or his second birthday?)


3 comments:

amylynne said...

Landon has that same jungle toy, and he loves it! As for knowing what to do--after I've exhausted all my options, food, diaper, change of scenary, etc--if I decide that teething's the problem, it's nothing a little tylenol can't fix! Landon and I seem to have much better days after that... haha! :)

russia boy said...

So cute! I can't believe how big he is getting. Our highchairs are in the same state of messiness! It is so funny when Andrea won't eat if we give it to her, but will eat if she feeds herself. I guess Jakob and Andrea are trying to send us a message...

Jennifer said...

What a cute boy! Seriously Jamie, I know I say this all the time but he is the cutest boy I have ever seen! I want to become an adopted aunt. I wish I lived close to you so I could come and see him all the time. What a cutie!!!