I could ramble on about other awful cuts, but the A-line tops 'em all. This traumatizing experience led me on a hunt to find the right beautician. I had to go through four people to find someone worthy to cut my hair. Finally the draper girl, I shall call her, became my new stylist and after three years of devoted work, this girl really knew my hair. Everything was great, until Danny got a job in Connecticut.
I delayed my search in CT because I just wasn't sure there was someone was good enough to cut MY hair. After three months, 80% humidity and out of control frizz, I decided it was time. Through the suggestion of a ward member, who also has thick, curly, out of control hair, I was able to find someone to tame my wild locks: a curly hair expert! And yes, she held true to her name.
The most surprising thing about the expert is that she told me my current cut was doing nothing for me. She proceeded to tell me that my layers were choppy, I had bulky areas near my shoulders, and my bangs were way too short... Huh? I thought. Don't you know the draper girl? You know, the one who I searched high and low for because she was the only one who knew how to cut my hair? Yeah, she cut my hair and I felt like it was doing something for me. (plus she only charged 20 bucks)
So I was a little unsure about this expert lady. She wouldn't let me have bangs, she charged 35 bucks, she was hesitant about giving me layers, and she didn't use any thinning techniques for my thick hair. I had my uncertainty, but the hair cut was amazing! My curls are curlier, my layers aren't bulky or choppy, my bangs are at a good length, and my hair falls right into place-both curly and straight. One nice thing about the expert is that she will let me have long hair, which is something the draper girl disagreed with.
But was the draper girl wrong? I can't say. I'm just glad this expert didn't give me an awful cut. I am happy with my hair and I'll probably go to her again, even though she and I disagree on some minor details.
3 comments:
Although I've always thought your hair looked fantastic, Jamie, this is really a flattering and beautiful haircut! (P.S. Draper girl is the one who did my wedding hair right?? Now I'm wondering if I could have had a better hairdo... Just kidding, I loved my hair!)
Oh Jamie - you need to check out this website. I discovered them when we lived in FL and now i travel to AZ to get it done right. This place will change your life. Go to www.ouidad.com to find a salon near where you live (there aren't that many, so you kinda have to be flexible.) Turns out there's one in CT. Here's the catch. It's like $100 for a cut. BUT! Before you discount it, you only have to do your hair once a week; no frizz ever once you get the technique down - not even on the 4th day; you only need 2 hair cuts a year (go to a cheap salon in between for the trims); and invest in a really great shower cap. I can't say enough good things about it. Wish i could take you down there myself. At least research the site. I'm telling you. They are the TRUE curl experts.
You look so pretty Jamie! Finding a good stylist for the right price really is so hard, isn't it?
Post a Comment