Tuesday, June 30, 2009

Annual Tanglewood Extravaganza!!!

Danny's boss invited us to join their fabulous tradition of the music/radio event at Tanglewood park in MA. The tradition has been going strong for 12 years.

1-Invite a big group of people-each assigned a potluck dish to share 2- bring blankets, chairs and umbrellas for comfort 3-arrive three hours early to eat, mingle, and enjoy company 4-listen to live broadcast of music and commercial radio and eat some more! 5-be prepared for rain!!!

This is the stage, but tradition has it to sit under the oak tree and enjoy the music from afar. We didn't get to see faces of the performers, but it was fun to just eat, sit, and listen.
The location was great for us, since we had Jakob who would most likely go insane cramped inside an amphitheater surrounded by hundreds of people.

It rained through most of the performance and, ironically, at the very end of the performance it POURED!!! Perfect timing. I love the sea of umbrellas in this picture!
P.S. Steve Martin and his banjo band were guest performers at this event. I saw his suit and the outline of his face, but nothing closer than that. I guess that's the sacrifice you make when you have to sit far away.


4 comments:

Jenny said...

Jakob is getting sooo big! That looked like so much fun! I also loved that video of Jakob walking around screaming! I laughed for like the whole video!

Jamie said...

I always laugh near the end of the video when he is looking at me, and then runs into me. SOooo funny!

Wes and Amy Larsen said...

When Andrew watched the video he said "Jakob needs a girl". I think he means a sister!

Jamie said...

Andrew knows a thing or two about girls. :)