Tuesday, August 11, 2009

peaches, blueberries, plums, oh my!

We finally made it to Dondero orchards.
Jakob tried picking, but just couldn't reach high enough.

He stayed close to his bucket, which he mainly just carried around.

It was super hot and humid! Next time we'll check the weather.


Danny was a little disappointed that most of the fruit didn't seem ripe enough to pick. Especially the plums. Apparently Danny is a pro when it comes to picking plums: Danny told me some family stories about Grandma Rowan's Plum tree. They always knew when the fruit was ripe. So....yeah....hopefully we can come back when the plums are ripe enough-for Danny.
We ended up with just peaches, since the blueberries weren't ready to be picked either. I can't say we had the best luck our first time, but it was still a lot of fun! It just makes me more excited for pumpkin picking!

1 comment:

russia boy said...

How fun! I have always wanted to go fruit and pumpkin picking... I can't believe how big Jake is getting :)