Thursday, November 5, 2009

toddler+the park=sand and dirt everywhere!

As we all know, kids LOVE being outside.  This kid is no exception:



It all starts at about 9:30 in the morning.  Jakob grabs his shoes, coat, hat and mittens-in no particular order-and demands that it is NOW time to go outside.  I can't turn him away-not when he comes to me with his cute little smile; not when I know this is the only time he is willing to wear his hat and mittens.  So I give in, like always, and take "the dude" outside. 


(this tree is on fire!)
The morning was beautiful!  The sun was out, the air was cool... it was the perfect day to go on a walk.  Better yet, it was the perfect day to go to the park! 
(Thanks to a friend I learned about a quaint little park right down the road from us.  It's within walking distance and completely fenced in, eliminating all possibilities of escape. AWESOME! )




First things first: the swing!  Jakob loves to swing.  Second: the slide.  (He finally figured out that he likes the slide,even when going down backwards)



Third: the sand box!!!  If only life were as simple as this: Do you want to eat lunch OR play in the sand?



This is what happens when you let him continue to play.  He somehow gets more and more creative with the sand and shovel.

Then...I had a mommy moment.  I was watching Jakob play, when all of a sudden lil' baby girl started to hiccup.  This took me back months and months ago when Jakob was in the womb.  He constantly had the hiccups, almost every day in fact.  Lil' baby girl reminded me of two things: first, I AM pregnant and we WILL be adding someone to the family (something that I do forget every now and then) and second, the good ol' times when I was pregnant with Jakob.  The fear, excitement, worry and anticipation....ahhhh....the joys of motherhood. 

I finally convinced Jakob that it was time to eat lunch. We said goodbye to the toys and made it home just in time to eat and take a nap.  What a great use of the day!

3 comments:

Jenni said...

How cute! Get all the park time you can - i hear it's going to snow soon! :(

Kim H. said...

We love that park!

Jennifer said...

That looks like so much fun. Man, I need to simplify my life. :)