Sunday, January 10, 2010

He really IS sweet...I promise!

When Jakob doesn't get his nap WATCH OUT!!
Our church is now at 1:00, which completely interrupts Jakob's nap time. (I'm sure all mothers can feel my pain right now) I tried putting him down for an early nap around 10:00, but he simply would not cooperate.
On the way to church Jakob fell asleep for a total of 15 minutes-he woke up as soon as Danny stopped the car. Danny went to his meetings and I went to choir with Jakob. When church started I really hoped that Jakob would fall asleep on the bench. No such luck! Danny and I had to take our screaming child out of the meeting four times!
I was again hopeful that he would cooperate in nursery, because no one wants to take care of a TIRED, SCREAMING toddler. Of course THAT did not happen. I ended up staying the first hour to help him relax and calm down. Finally he chippered up a bit and I was able to go to Relief Society.
He was pretty happy from then on.
On our way home from Church Jakob immediately fell asleep in his car seat. (of course it was 4:30 by then and hardly a good time for a nap) When we got home we took our time unloading the car to give Jakob a few extra minutes of sleep. Danny brought him in the house, and because I really didn't want him taking a nap at 4:30 I told Danny just to put Jakob on the bean bag to help him wake up. We both just sat there waiting for him to wake up but nothing happened. We called his name and even gave him a little shake....NOTHING! He was completely out.


It wasn't until I started taking off his shoes that he realized something was up.
The nice thing about missing a nap is that Jakob gets an early bed time; which means Danny and I get an extra hour of relaxation. :) Boy is this kid a handful when he doesn't get his sleep! Danny and I are both ready for bed too.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Typical kid right?