Training for the Hartford Marathon in October
I just bought new running shoes and started my training this morning. I kicked it off with a 2 mile run in the pouring rain. What a way to start, huh? I was pretty proud of myself because I ran in the rain AND didn't even stop!-not bad considering I've had an 8 month "break".
Updates soon to follow...and any suggestions from fellow runners would be most helpful!
4 comments:
You're doing the FULL 26.2?? Nice! Just don't skip on the long runs and i'd look into some protein shots (like GU). Helps a ton to train with them.
How the heck do you have time to train? I can't even get on my treadmill for more than 20 minutes! Way to go!
Meesa-thanks for the protien drink idea. I'll get some soon. Janeal, it has taken some careful planning on our part: danny runs mwfs and I run tths. Saturday will be our longer run so we'll just run with the kids in the jogging stroller. we'll see how it works out. :)
Dude! Those shoes are awesome. It was fun chatting with you the other day. I kind of felt dumb when we got off the phone because I wasn't really myself. I was the coupon Jennifer-Hyde!
Post a Comment