A few months ago, in February, a good friend of ours gave us the movie March of the Penguins. I decided to watch it with Jakob since he was learning that other animals DO exist outside the relm of farm animals and doggies, so we started the movie and of course Jakob was not interested. We watched about 5 minutes of the beginning and then it was time for something else. (I later watched it by myself and cried through most of it. Granted I was still pregnant with Molly so the hormones were running high, but the movie was heart warming in many different ways and the part where some of the offspring did not survive the winter storm just broke my heart.)
Nearly every day since then Jakob has requested to watch this DVD. He isn't so much interested in the movie as he is in the previews leading up to the movie all because of this:
HAPPY FEET! Ocasionally we will watch the actual March of the penguins, but most of the time we just watch this cuddly little penguin bust a move-over and over and over again.
I had this great idea to rent Happy Feet since Jakob loved this part of the preview so much, but after watching the very first song of the movie I was sadly disappointed...it isn't exactly toddler friendly. (Luckily it was a rental and not a purchase)
No comments:
Post a Comment