Airport + a toddler + a stroller = NO GOOD!!
Before the trip I talked to Jakob about flying in a plane. Every time we heard a plane fly over our house we would try to spot it and wave to it, usually saying bye bye. Jakob got a kick out
of this game and started becoming sensitive to the sound, making sure to wave at every plane.
A few days before we left I talked to Jakob about taking off and flying in a real airplane. We made the sounds and the motions and made sure to say bye bye as we "flew" in the air. It was no wonder that Jakob was excited to make his special trip in an airplane the next day.
We survived the airport. Jakob was wonderful, to say the least, and cooperated very well when not strapped in his stroller. It was nice to be able to trust his independence and know that he wouldn't just take off (a difference since our last trip).
We boarded the plane, got buckled in our seat, and went to open the window to check out the view...only to discover we were placed RIGHT NEXT TO THE ENGINE!! Ironic, don't you think?
The engine view didn't stop the dude from verbalizing his excitement. He was glad to be in a plane and did very well with take off. He was so excited that he slept for most of the first flight. My favorite part of the traveling experience was to see how excited Jakob was to have his own cup of juice and a little snack (the cookies were his favorite). He is becoming quite the traveler.
Molly did exceptionally well. She slept most of the time for both flights.
Jakob and cousin Brigham 
While Jakob may have his moments of pushing or fighting with his cousin, he still loves him very much. Look at that hug! Can't get much better than that.
We took a quick tour of the Monte L. Bean Museum on BYU campus in Provo. Jakob wouldn't cooperate for a picture so this is all I've got. He sure had fun chasing his cousins and staying away from the Zebra and Moose, which scared him every time he ran by.
This picture is in celebration of our 5Th Anniversary. We ate at the original JCW's, which also happened to be under construction. It was funny that we decided to eat here to celebrate because it's not the most romantic atmosphere. Oh well. I guess it eventually gets to the point when it just doesn't matter. Or the fact that we were both craving a good hamburger and fries. It was really good-as expected. The fries were AMAZING!
We also pawned the kids off on the grandparents/aunts and stayed the night in Midway. We took advantage of the time to test drive some cars. (but that's another post I'll save for later)
We had a wonderful turnout for Molly's blessing. I guess I was a bit ambitious with who I invited. We ended up feeding a lot of people. (Thanks to Mom and Dad Rogers n' family for helping us out and hosting the event. It was great!)
The Utah Hogle Zoo was Jakob's absolute favorite because of this:
The ball covered with"ball"-which is what he calls water. He probably could have spent the entire time just playing in the water, but luckily there were other things to see....like the bird show. Which sadly wasn't as good as last year.
I just love the little Zoo outfits that my mom bought for the kids. She is so creative. Jakob is the "wild one"-take it how you will-covered with all sorts of jungle animals, Molly is the monkey, and brigham is the elephant. My mom made Molly's hat, which I love. It fits her perfectly and is so cute on her. She received many compliments on her darling hat.
Jakob loves to push things. It was nice to have a volunteer for the ride, willingly or unwillingly.
I'm not sure how long he was pushing Anna in the baby carriage. She didn't seem to mind too much.
1 comment:
Looks like fun! I miss the great UT fries and hamburgers - they just don't have the same quality in CT.
Post a Comment