Friday, August 20, 2010

Jakob's Biggest Word Yet


OPPOSITES


Last week we rented an Elmo movie from the library all about opposites.  It was a good repetition of the word and gave some fun examples of what opposite means.  So lately, after having returned the movie, Jakob has been saying the word and showing me examples of opposites. 

His favorite ones right now are screaming loud and speaking soft (although I'm not sure there is much variation to the soft voice), running near and far, and jumping up and down. He loves the Opposites song too-which is the song I am singing in both videos.

Danny showed Jakob the Farm Book of opposites, which I had no prior knowledge of, so when Jakob showed the book to me I was quite shocked for a minute.  I thought perhaps my 2-year-old knew how to read too! It just reaffirmed to me that kids pickup on so much in their world.



No comments: