Wednesday, August 11, 2010

MOLLY MADNESS:6 months


Molly Jane

I can't believe you are 6 months old!  You're halfway to your first birthday.  You have been such a sweet addition to our family and we all love you very much.  You have learned that it is necessary to tolerate the chaos in our home.  There aren't many quiet moments, thanks to your energetic brother, but Jakob loves you very much.  He has found ways to make you laugh and you usually cater to his effort.  I think you two will be very special friends forever. 

You are loving this new thing called eating.  In fact, yesterday you found out that you love mashed-up bananas and oatmeal cereal.  I'm so proud of you!  I'm also glad that even though you are starting to eat new foods, Jakob has been better not to give you things you can't eat right now, like fruit snacks and grapes, because it would have been a real choking hazard.  I think he just wants you to enjoy the foods that he enjoys. 

You are becoming more and more mobile.  You love rolling from your stomach to your back-still working on back to stomach.  Your favorite game on the bed  is to scoot like a caterpillar to your favorite toy.  You are really good at it!  You also love to scoot on your back when playing on the floor.  You are so surprised when you end up in unfamiliar territory. 

You have quick hands.  You love to grab anything that catches your eye: hair, toys, plastic bags, bowls full of cereal, pretty much anything in reach.  I've learned quickly that wearing my hair down is a bad idea.  Jakob, however, loves it when you grab his hair.  He purposely puts his head  near your hands so you will grab his hair.  (I wonder if it's because it makes you laugh)  I've noticed that you have a strong grip.  You like to pull off the elephant and giraffe from your bouncer, something that I don't remember Jakob being able to do, and I'm amazed that you can pull down the vibrating horse, which is something difficult for me to do. I guess when you're determined to get something, you do it! 

You are a calm, sweet, happy baby!  You are sleeping better both during the day and at night.  You are sticking to your schedule and sleeping longer stretches at night.  FINALLY!  You've learned quickly how to soothe yourself to sleep.  You are enjoying the pacifier, which you didn't like at first, and you still love to be swaddled. I'm so pleased with what you've learned.  

You are Daddy's little girl.  You give him the best smile and slobber kisses.  I hope you two continue to strengthen your father-daughter relationship.  He loves you to pieces!  

We are proud of you Molly-girl!  Happy 6 months.

No comments: