Tuesday, August 10, 2010

A Tale of The Choo Choo


When Jakob was 13 months old he recieved a hand-me-down train that lit up and made noises by a push of a button.  One of the nifty buttons even made the train move!  Jakob was TERRIFIED of this train, but he loved pushing the buttons anyway.  It got to the point where Jakob would push the button then run straight for my lap. 

Jakob finally warmed up to this terrifying train and realized, in fact, that "choo choo's" are pretty cool. 

So he likes playing with his choo choo and he likes hearing the choo choo sound-and he likes playing with the magnetic choo choo's in nursery....and the choo choo puzzle and the choo choo toy.  I guess he sort of has a fetish for trains right now. 

I decided to help Jakob be a little more creative with his choo choo's after watching him with his blocks:


So we set the blocks up and played choo choo together.  He loved it!  The best part is that I didn't have to go to the store and buy him a train set; we just used a bit of creativity and played with what we had.  He doesn't seem to mind. 

(Although I had to fix the track for him every time his little foot knocked  it over) 

But I think it's a hit! 

No comments: