Saturday, November 20, 2010

Orlando Vacay! Day 5

The Resort Water Park

By day 5 of our vacation I was feeling pretty good about our plans thus far. I noticed that I was actually relaxed and really enjoying the quality one-on-one family time.  I don't know that all vacations work that way....at least the ones I've been on.  We have been able to see so much at a relatively relaxing pace that a few times during the week I was dreading our return home.  

I noticed that it was nice not to be tied down to any "schedule" where we had to rush to get here, or quickly get the kids fed so we could go there.  I also loved being able to enjoy the amenities of the resort and return "home"whenever we needed to, whether it was to fix a lunch or to let the kids take their much needed nap and what not.  Vacation is really great when the kids are well rested and fed properly! 

Today we basked in the Florida sun...

ate the beloved Cheetos (seriously, next time I am only buying Cheetos!)...

took a spin around the lazy river, which Jakob hated when the water sprayed into his eyes...

ate lunch AND more Cheetos...

played in the pool...

put the kids down for their 3+ hour nap...

played for a bit then returned back to the water park...

got dressed and went out for dinner...

ate almond coconut breaded chicken n' veggies (Jamie), stake coated in balsamic vinaigrette (Danny), hot dogs and fries (Jakob), and vanilla ice cream!

Jakob also flirted with the three year old girl sitting in the seat behind us who, after many attempts to kiss him, finally planted one on his lips.  He was a bit confused when he looked at me after the incident.   

And Molly played quietly with the straws, silverware, and crayons.


After dinner, Danny and I rented Iron Man 2 from red box.  He was the only successful one....I fell asleep after the first 20 minutes and was out for the count the rest of the night. 
It's that Florida sun, I tell ya!

1 comment:

Jenni said...

I can't believe how grown up your kids look! They're both so dang cute!!!