Saturday, April 9, 2011

As of Late:

Spring weather is finally here! 

Which means many things for our family.  First, Danny and I started  running again-of course he never really stopped like I did, but we have been consistent for six weeks now.  I started on Danny's birthday, March 1st, and my gift to him was running 4 miles....wow, was it painful!  Not just physically painful, but mentally and emotionally as well.  I had to focus intently and talk myself through each mile. There were moments where I honestly couldn't believe how much training I had lost because of a 3 month winter break. I pretty much had to start all over again. 

 Monday will mark week 7; I am running 4-5 miles 3 days a week and up to 8 miles on Saturday. 
Danny runs 5-6 miles 4 days a week and up to 15 miles on Saturday. 

It feels good to be back even though it took 6 LONG weeks to finally feel this way.

The second thing about spring weather is that we get to go to the park nearly every day, which I'm completely fine with because my kids need it.  I'm sure it is with most kids, but when Jake and Molly get fresh air and run around-even for 10 minutes-they are happy and we can push forward through our day with better attitudes.  I'm grateful we have two parks just a walk and a drive away!

The third thing is that we get to start planning our garden. Last year was a good first try, but I know we can do better.  I'm almost tempted to do away with our front garden and just use the garden plot at our church....we'll see.  I hope to have a little more success this year.

The Last thing is that we have sunlight. Oh how much I love the sun when we don't see it for six months! During the fall/winter months the sun sets around 4:30 or 5:00; now that it's spring we get to play outside for a bit, eat dinner, then go outside and play some more and still make it in time for 7:00 bed time.  It is wonderful.

Spring is a beautiful season.  It's uplifting and rejuvenating and full of life. 
Happy Spring everyone!

No comments: