Wednesday, May 18, 2011

6 years never looked so good!

If there's one thing that I have learned in 6 years of marriage, it would have to be that it takes work! 

The "fluffy stuff" that comes when you are first married is great and all, but when you really get down to the nitty-gritty of a marriage between man and woman you can see how you can't live off the "fluffy stuff" alone.  (oh how I do love the fluffy stuff!!) 

News flash: Men and women are different and don't always see eye-to-eye!  

With that being said, can I just say how truly grateful I am to have a husband that takes caution with me when I am being a difficult woman.  That was never something on my list of qualities that I looked for in a man.  Also, having someone devoted to his family and calling in the church and being able to balance both is quite an accomplishment that I never thought about either.  In fact while we are talking about this, having someone that would leave work early just to take care of crying kids so I could finish dinner in "peace and quiet" is also something important to me. And the list goes on.... 

This anniversary year was a treat. We were able to get away to New York City for the weekend, just the two of us!  It was the first time we left our kids with someone over night (other than family) for two nights.  It was kind of hard to leave, but I knew they were in good hands.  Oh, and nobody ever told me how rewarding it is to come back after a few days and receive those precious smiles and hugs from the kids!!  I would totally do it again just for the hugs!  Priceless.

The Weekend
took the train to Grand Central Station
attended a live taping of the Nate Berkus show
ate hot dogs from a stand
Manhattan Temple
Carnegie Deli (and cheesecake.....drool.....)
New York City Library
shopping at H&M (3 stories of shopping awesomeness!)
Metropolitan Museum of Art
watched part of a baseball game at Central Park
ate New York-style pizza
shopped at the M&M store (gifts for the kiddos)
waited in line for Broadway discount tickets, but
decided to go to a 3-D movie in stead
watched Thor 3-D and ate popcorn
ate dinner at a the Dervish--a Turkish restaurant
people watched

We took every advantage to go where we wanted to go, eat whatever and whenever we wanted, and shop in whatever store I happen to come cross.  It was FABULOUS! 

  Thank you to those who helped watch the kids!  You know who you are.  :)

2 comments:

Tessa Egan said...

Congratulations you guys! Right now I am closing my eyes trying to picture how it would be to go wherever I wanted, whenever I wanted :) Sounds like an awesome weekend!

B. Surfer said...

i love NYU! What a great way to an anniversary!