Decorations
![]() |
| This collage personalized with Smilebox |
Witches, Goblins, Ghosts, Pumpkins.....and Mums!
Among the spooky Halloween decor, Mums have lined the neighborhoods in full bloom! I have taken a liking to this New England "fall flower" and decided this summer that I needed to grace our living quarters with such vibrant beauty.
I paced up and down rows and rows of beautiful Mums, all different sizes and color. I had searched for the perfect color scheme, something bright and vibrant and unique. I also had to make sure it was well rounded to fit our pot.
I successfully transported the flower from the nursery to our front steps.
A few days had passed when I realized that I needed to transplant the flower to my pot. I was making preparations for the final move and decided that the best time for such a procedure was during nap time so there weren't too many helping hands getting in the way. That would have to wait until the next day.
After running a few errands in the morning and getting things out of the car, I made my way past the flowers, admiring their unique color and perfect roundness. I continued up the steps to the front doorway, thinking about the pot I was going to use for the Mums, when all of a sudden I heard a piercing CRACK! I didn't want to turn too soon because I knew that familiar sound; nothing good comes from that sound. And sure enough, I feared it. There was Jakob plopped right on top of the Mums.
I was surprised by my reaction. I didn't say a word for a few seconds....I just stared. Eventually I asked if he was okay, because that was most important, right? "Yeah, Mom. I'm okay." He said, "I just fell." Oh.....okay, Jakob. You just fell...........YOU JUST FELL right on top of the flowers!
I tried not to get too upset because It really isn't a big deal; they look fine, as long as they're turned a specific way. I have to keep telling myself that they will grow back to their original shape next summer. *fingers are crossed for that one.
Now we are just waiting to pick out our pumpkins to complete our festive decor. That will probably have to wait until Grandma and Grandpa arrive.

1 comment:
Oh the joy!
Post a Comment