Thursday, January 26, 2012

"The Lord giveth and the Lord taketh away": Part 2

For nearly a week I worried:

Do we tell our family about this right away, or do we wait the two weeks to see if there is, in fact, something wrong with the baby? The problem is if we tell everybody about it now, but then find out nothing was wrong with the baby, then we will have made everyone worry for nothing.  On the other hand, if we don’t tell our family now and then find out something is wrong with the baby, then they will most likely be upset that they weren’t told sooner.  What do we do?

Unintentionally I decided to wait a few days.  During most of that time I was trying not to let myself worry; however, the rest of the time was spent debating when to share the news with loved ones. 

Thankfully I was not completely alone in my thoughts.  I said many prayers throughout the day and was able to receive a blessing to help relieve the stress and worry about the baby.  Danny and I (well Danny) fasted on the first Sunday of January and were able to talk about any and all solutions that would come from having this child.  It was during those intimate moments when I realized I was absolutely ready to accept the Lord’s will, whatever it may be. 

 I was finally ready to tell my family, and Danny his. 

I never imagined the kind of support we would receive.  It made me wonder why I even hesitated in the first place. We received texts, emails, phone calls, and cards offering help in any form to lift our burden and lighten our load.  We were grateful to feel the unifying spirit that entered our home as family members poured their heart-filled wishes and prayers on behalf of our family.  It certainly made a difference being supported by those we love. 

We decided to hold a family fast on the second Sunday of January (fast Sunday), which was also the Sunday before my OB-2, and I held a small prayer in my heart to help me be the kind of mother that was needed to support this baby.  I was also hoping to witness a miracle because I knew the Lord was mindful of my righteous desire for a healthy baby, but in my humility I tried to be accepting of His plan for me. 

Finally it came time to meet with the Doctor again to see if there was any change from the last ultrasound.  Danny and I walked hand-in-hand into that dimly lit room with a prayer in our hearts that all was well.  

No comments: