Thursday, March 15, 2012

Annual Maple Fest

Click to play this Smilebox scrapbook
Create your own scrapbook - Powered by Smilebox
Make your own free digital scrapbook



We attended the Hebron Maple Festival last weekend.  Despite the icy wind and cool temperatures we still managed to make it (early) this year.  

We had a fun time eating maple treats and visiting the usual sights and booths provided by the city. This was, by far, the coldest year we've attended.  My fingers were bright red and frozen!  Luckily I had prepared the kids with gloves and coats.  It was needed.  

Danny and I tried a maple ham and cheese sandwich this year, which turned out to be nothing special--just two plain pieces of bread, ham and cheese.  No Maple.  It sounded good at the time.

The kids enjoyed their Maple Cotton Candy.  A photographer for the newspaper took a few shots with Jakob and Molly (with her fire hat on) eating cotton candy.  I don't know if he will use the picture, but he got their info and my permission to do so. The cotton candy was a sticky mess!  When you pulled it apart the sugary-fibers floated all over the place!  I noticed a few fibers are stuck to my camera lens.  grrr!  It was tasty none the less. 

Jakob wanted to try out everything!  I kept trying convince him that I didn't have enough money to pay for all the treats and/or activities, but he wouldn't hear it from me.    Maybe we'll have to plan a little better next year.  

In our preparations to leave, Danny forgot the stroller behind the car and ran it over.  It's too bad it had to be the newer one.  Our other one is falling apart and could have easily been put out of its misery. Oh well...we had fun.  

3 comments:

Wes and Amy Larsen said...

You guys rock! Thanks for taking Flat Stanley along!

Jamie said...

Anytime! It was fun. He was such good company. :)

Marla said...

What is the deal with Flat Stanley? If the pictures are in the paper it would sure be fun to see it. Looks like you had fun. Wish we were there.