Things were low key this year. First, in honor of our anniversary I decided to run a half marathon distance (13.1 miles). In case that seems a little weird to you, I know, it is. For the last three years I have made a silly little ritual of running a half marathon distance in some place really cool. The first year was in Nauvoo, IL. The second year I ran in the beautiful hills of Vermont. And this year it happened by accident on our Anniversary weekend (I was only suppose to run 12 miles according to mapquest, but Danny's GPS watch read differently....or I didn't follow the right trail. I dunno. I only know that the watch read 13 miles instead of 12), so instead of running some place cool I just ran in honor of our anniversary instead. Weird, I know.
Later that evening Danny and I got a babysitter *SHOCKER* so we could go some place fancy-shmancy for dinner. We ended up at a fine restaurant called 2 Hopewell, here in South Glastonbury. The food was A-mazing! Danny and I love trying new food, especially at fancy-shmancy restaurants because it always tastes good when it is well prepared. Our appetizer was unusually different: a stuffed crepe with mushrooms, onions, specialty cheese, and a reduced balsamic vinaigrette sauce. The rest of the meal was exceptional as well: Danny ended up with the tuna (cooked rare, but that is how it is eaten), a cuscos pilaf, and fried carrot shreds. I ordered the honey glazed chicken thigh with some out-of-this-world spinach, baby carrots, and grits. For dessert we indulged over the strawberry puree-mixed in the cheescake-cheescake. It was delightful.
Mother's Day was equally low key, but also very nice. Danny vacuumed out the car, Jakob made me a card, and Molly...well, she is just Molly. No expectations there. I was excited to make vegetarian "burgers" (hardly hamburgers) for dinner. I loved it; Danny wasn't so sure.
Anyway, we had a great weekend.
Thank you to those who showered us with well wishes on our anniversary and Mother's Day. Both were very special days to be celebrated.
1 comment:
That sounds like a lot of work to run that way but as long as you like it I guess it is ok.
The rest sounded like a lot of fun and that is so good.
Thanks for the pictures.
Post a Comment