So I've made some new critter friends recently and I've decided to share my experiences with them on my blog. It's the simple things in life that make you happy, right?
This little guy has been peaking in my kitchen window all summer long. His web is spun on the outside of the window screen, which has proven to be a perfect place to catch the bugs that get distracted by the kitchen light at night. I don't mind him so much: He's not in the house so there's no worry there and I rather enjoy his beautiful web-it gives me something to look at while I'm washing my dishes.
We have had heavy rain storms over the last two days and I was worried that the spider wouldn't survive. The rain drops completely destroyed his web and although he tried frantically to reassemble it during the storm, his attempts weren't enough to keep it together. The web disappeared, but wouldn't you know, this little guy stayed safe in the corner of the window sill. I felt really bad for the guy. He worked so hard to build and rebuild this web for so long now and now it was destroyed.
Before bed I went to get a glass of water and was pleasantly surprised to see that the spider had decided to carry on triumphantly and spin a new web. By morning, the big beautiful web was back up and open for business.
What a marvel.
The kids like watching the spider too. It's not just me. :)

No comments:
Post a Comment