Tuesday, September 17, 2013

All About Me: 4 weeks old

After having two other babies I know how quickly the first couple of weeks slip by.  Even though I spend many hours during the day and night taking care of this little one, she still manages to grow up too fast! 

Click to play this Smilebox collage
Create your own collage - Powered by Smilebox
A collage by Smilebox

 Sophia's diary: 4 Weeks
My brother and sister absolutely adore me!  I'm sure mommy and daddy feel the same.
I don't like it when mommy eats dairy.  It hurts my tummy and I scream and wail!
I can sleep a 5 hour stretch at night. 
I prefer mommy to hold me in the sling;  I'm a better sleeper that way. 
I've started loosing my hair!  I guess I'm just following after brother and sister. 
I'm enjoying the sound of my voice and have started cooing every once in a while. 
I'm a little shy, but I will occasionally smile.
I still don't know what to do about that pacifier!  Some moments I like it, but most of the time I just spit it out.  When the pacifier isn't available I just find my fist.
I still enjoy being close to mommy's heart.  It's the sweet spot!
Being swaddled is nice, however, I prefer my hands free.
I really like the taste of vitamin D drops and gas drops.  I'll drink it right from the syringe.
Some times when I get to stay home with Daddy, he puts me on a pillow on top of his lap...it's the only way I will sleep for him. 
I'm gaining weight like a champ!  At my last doctor's visit I was 9 pounds already!
I still wear onesies every day while the weather is warm.  This week, however, the air is cool so hopefully I can start wearing my outfits.
I don't like being strapped in my car seat.  I can't help but cry and feel sad when Mommy puts me there.  Doesn't she know I would much rather be held?
I'm loving the fact that mommy lets me sleep on her bed with her.  I have my own little corner of the bed surrounded by pillows.  I don't know why, but Daddy moved out the very first night.  He said something about needing sleep.  Mommy just rolled her eyes--doesn't she need sleep too?  Anyway, it has worked well to be close to mommy.  I eat and then go right back to sleep.  I'm sure that helps mommy out a lot, too.  I guess Molly always struggled to put herself back to sleep at night, so this was a great surprise that I gave to her. 
I am a well scheduled baby.  I just came that way.  I enjoy eating every three hours and try to sleep in between.  I sleep for about 5 hours at night and then another three hour stretch after that.  I don't know what everyone else is talking about...being a baby is easy! 

No comments: