For the last four years, New England has had some amazing snow storms that MAKE grown men (and women) cry. This year, as with last year, it has been bitterly cold, slippery, and no end in sight with mounds of snow. It just keeps coming and we're running out of space!
Right now I am snuggled next to the heater in the basement while Sophia naps and molly makes good use of screen time. I really don't want to move from this spot. Luckily, when I go upstairs I can stand next to the big window in the kitchen. It lets in the suns warmth and rays and heats up the kitchen nicely. It's almost 2:00pm and temps are still in the teens. When it's this cold, I try to bake something, just to add more warmth to the house. BRRRRR!!!
We've had a storm every week since the end of December and Jakob has missed every Monday of school since then, because of snow cancelations. EVERY. MONDAY!
I've got a case of Cabin Fever myself. The kids are feeling it, too. We really just need a vacation to Florida, right about now. It's times like this when I wonder why we didn't just pick up and move to the sunny state. Oh well.
The funny thing is that the kids still love playing outside. It's too cold and wet for me, but not the big kids. They come inside with wet clothes, red cheeks, and cold feet, but they are as happy as can be.
Oh don't worry children, more snow is on the way!
UGH!!!
![]() |
| Free slideshow customized with Smilebox |

No comments:
Post a Comment