It's never too late to post. ;)
![]() |
| This free photo collage customized with Smilebox |
I'm trying to get back in the habit of updating the blog. Especially since Sophia is no longer a baby and I haven't posted anything since the beginning of summer, missing all of her milestones over the last 6 months.
So, baby-girl is no longer a baby. In fact, she grew up rather quickly at the beginning of this year after she was potty trained, put in a toddler bed and having regular conversations with the big kids. Her blonde curls from the summer are slowly darkening, her silly personality and go-with-the-flow attitude is what keeps me happy, and her gentle loves and "ugga-mugga's" are so sweet and tender it makes me wish she could stay little forever!
Sophia has been a great little shopping buddy. Just like Jakob, she loves getting out of the house and will often ask "where going?". When I respond with a familiar destination she agrees with hoot's and hollers of approval. I'm glad she's enthusiastic about the grocery store. She follows suit like the others and is the best little "helper" a mom could ask for! So many hands trying to do so many little things. :)
Sophia has taken a liking to watching kidstube (kids version of youtube) on the ipad, just like big sister. She is easily entertained by peppa pig, cookie swirl, elsa and anna skits, playdoh creations, and surprise eggs. I don't really understand this new era of entertainment, but both girls love it and I love that it isn't filled with commercials of garbage.
Sophia is also understanding playtime. She and I played with plastic princesses the other day and actually had conversations between characters. It was fun to see her understanding and responding to big-kid play. Sophia especially enjoys pretending to be a kitty, including eating, sleeping, meowing, and drinking like one. Her obsession with cats is easily compared to jakob's obsession with dogs. Unfortunately I'm partial to dogs and don't usually mind when Jakob comes up to me in character, wagging his tail, barking at me, or demanding a doggie treat. I'm not as excited about entertaining the "family cat"and often ask the other kids to help the little kitty get what she needs. She's happy to have so many people loving on her.
While Sophia occasionally favors her left hand, I've yet to determine it the dominant one. She loves coloring, writing, scribbling (even on the walls and door) and all things art! She recently got playdoh from Santa and has already managed to mix all the color in her attempt to make yummy cakes and shapes. The paints were also short lived, but loved none the less. She is easily entertained and will often play unattended for quite some time until needing help transitioning to the next activity. Lately she has been happy on the ipad, but I do try to limit her screen time and encourage more creativity while cooking in the play kitchen, playing with Jake's old trains, building with blocks and duplos, and dress-ups.
Dancing is always a favorite in our house and we often crank up the Frozen music with our favorite snuggles (blankets) as dancing props, singing Let it GO at the top of our lungs. It makes me happy to see all kids dancing together, although Jakob would never admit to his participation of dancing with disco lights, microphones, and dancing props. He feels embarrassed--although I'm trying to help him with that. :)
Sophia is a pro with the scooter. Her three-wheeled racer has been a great starter in keeping up with the kids. She's not quite as fast, nor as daring as the other two, but is doing well to keep up and loves the freedom of rolling down the hill without mommy or daddy by her side.
Baby-girl isn't a baby anymore and I'm a little sad at the thought, although extremely happy at the same time. I love it when the children start learning independence and can do big-kid things that make our family run a little easier; however, it's a sad realization that the little human isn't quite so little anymore and you will no longer have those first few months to squish, cuddle, love, and dream. I'm also a bit torn by the fact that nap time is few and far between these days. I think everyone needs a little down time, especially moms, so most days it's a chore for some "me-time", but on occasion when we are out of the house a little too long it's nice not to have to rush home for the nap. Again, a bittersweet milestone.
Life is pretty good for our Sophs-sophs and everyone can agree that she is the favorite family member. :)

No comments:
Post a Comment