Monday, December 15, 2008

sweet, sour, or just hard to keep down?




The pediatrician told me that feeding Jakob oatmeal could be easier for him to digest than rice cereal. She was right!! Occasionally he gets backed up, but it isn't for nearly as long.

So now that we got that all figured out, lately I have noticed that Jakob has been getting really hungry in the morning. I started feeding him an extra serving of oatmeal to satisfy his hunger and it seems to help. The only problem is that multiple servings means the possibility of future backup so I try to give him something to help clean him out: prunes! mwa ha ha!

I know prunes don't sound very appealing, but one night after his feeding Jakob was still hungry from his oatmeal so I had to give him something. I usually mix the prunes in the cereal, but I decided just to give it to him straight. He kept opening his mouth so I kept shoveling it in. After awhile Jakob started making a funny face every time he swallowed. I couldn't tell if the reaction was due to being sweet, sour, or just hard to keep down.

He got slightly distracted from the camera, but he still made the face a couple of times...it was hilarious! What a funny kid!

No comments: