Sunday, May 17, 2009

just a taste


Here is a preview of our new place. I will post more pics once we get settled. We will officially move in on Wednesday.



There is a huge garden on the right side of our duplex. Danny noticed this man gardening the old fashioned way: bending over and pulling weeds. No tractor, just himself. He must love his garden.

Our street ends at the duplex, which eliminates unwanted traffic. It is a quiet neighborhood, close to a yoga studio, park, and restaurants.
We have already met our neighbors on either side of us. The couple sharing the other side of the duplex are the same age as Danny and are getting married the first week in June. The neighbors in the complex next to us have young kids, so there will be a lot of playing going on around here. We are very happy.

5 comments:

Marla said...

Cool! I am excited for you. It looks like it will be really nice to live there. Love ya

KellyJ said...

Jamie! I just stumbled onto your blog tonight---while visiting Kristi's and reading about Erica's health---and I'm so surprised to see the news about your move! Good for you. The duplex looks like a really quiet spot...but Wednesday! That's soon! Are you feeling ready? I'd like to be able to dream up something I could do to help you....I'm great at buying pizza (I know, cool skill, huh?) Do you guys eat awful things like that?

Jennifer said...

Wow! That place looks so beautiful. I'm so excited for you guys. Lots of memories will be made. Have fun moving in.

Jamie said...

Kelly, of course we eat wonderful things like pizza. Who could resist? And the move IS pretty quick, but we've been moving in here and there for about a week now, so I think we're ready to go. A lot of our stuff is still boxed up from the move here, it's just in a storage unit, so it should be a breeze to pack up the big stuff and squeeze in the rest of the little stuff. I'm hoping it goes quick. There is so much going on this weekend!

Eric and Shaunna said...

What an adorable house! I love the hard wood floors all throughout the house! I looks so fun!