Friday, May 15, 2009

The rumors are true

...we are moving! After a long search, and many frustrated attempts, we finally found a place that is going to suit all, well most, of our needs-minus a garage.

I truly feel blessed to have found this duplex in Glastonbury. We finally had some luck!

Apparently, I called the guy only a half hour after he posted the listing on craigslist-of course I was checking everyday, but talk about good timing. After walking through it, I really liked it. Danny wasn't so sure, but I was hopful. We decided to look at a few other apartments, just to make sure there was nothing else available. Together we agreed: the duplex was it! After making the phone call, and clearing away a few details, we made the deal to rent.

After meeting to sign the papers the following Saturday, the landlord told us that it was good we had made a quick decision to rent--There were a ton of people calling about it, and some friends of his wanted to rent it out. WHEW!! Close call. (actually, just another blessing that this is where we need to live)
The most wonderful part is that we get to stay in our ward. We really love our ward in CT! Everyone is so friendly and willing to help in any way. They have become our family away from home. We are so excited to get settled and make it our home. (I'll post pics soon. You'll love it!)

Bryn, Bryce; Kristy, Emily; Me, Jakob

We had a play group at Addison Park on Wednesday. Jakob had fun eating the sand and wood chips on the ground. It was a beautiful day to visit the park.
I really liked meeting with the other moms. It's always nice to have adult conversation with someone other than Danny. (I think Danny likes it to because then I get all of my talking out with the women, who enjoy the details and background information, instead of my hubby who just wants to hear the quick version and the outcome. Oh to be a man...)

In our ward there are five babies all born within weeks of each other. Jakob is the youngest out of all of them, but since they're all close in age, they like hanging out. Like in church, during sunday school and preisthood, the kiddos sit on the ground and play with each other. I'm in primary, so I miss out on the little playgroup adventures, but they seem to have a lot of fun with each other. Three out of the five babies were at the park. It's a lot of fun!

4 comments:

russia boy said...

Yeah! I am so glad that you found a place! I can't wait to see pics...

B. Surfer said...

Super cute picture! And good job locating a new place - what a relief!

Emily Kate said...

"instead of my hubby who just wants to hear the quick version and the outcome" Men!! Jacob's the same way. I get home from nannying and have all these stories to tell and he's sooo not that interested. I've got a glimpse of what my future will be like when he's at work and I'm home with the kids!

Anonymous said...

We will need the address and when you are moving.
If you chose to do that by snail mail that's ok too.
Glad you are happy about it.