We are officially settled in-meaning we are unpacked and out of boxes. Now, as far as the decorating goes, I'd say we still have a ways to go.
Since we gave a lot of our odd furniture to DI in Utah, such as our dresser and T.V stand, we had to find something in CT that doesn't cost an arm and a leg to buy. heh...I definitely think we had to get rid of Danny's toe for the dresser, and my index finger for the T.V. stand, but at least it wasn't an arm or a leg.
We actually found both dresser and TV stand from Ikea-both pretty affordable. (neither of them are in the pics because I took the pics before we got them) At any rate, here are a few photos of the rooms that are nearly finished, minus a few wall hangings and home decor.

The curtains in this room are plum. As you can see, I had to find a color to blend in with great grandma's old couch, consisting of forrest green, red, and purple. (it's a great couch btw! So comfortable for taking naps on.) Danny got me a house plant for mothers day. Jakob knows to stay away from it, but because he always forgets this rule, we put the lovely bag o' fluff in front of it to remind him.

The wall hanging is covering up the land line. Great camoflauge, huh? I really like how everything fits together in the kitchen. If it didn't, i would go crazy.



Jakob's curtains are a rust-orange color. For some reason when I was pregnant with Jakob I became obsesed with orange. I guess I still am, but the curtains are fabulous for keeping out unwanted light at 5:00 in the morning. (yes, we see the sun creep up at 4:30 and by 5:00, it's nice to have dark curtains for extra shut eye)
We are loving our new place. We have a great neighborhood with friendly neigbors. Our Bishop, who is from Alpine,UT, lives right around the corner from us so if we need anything, it's just a walk away.
3 comments:
So cute... you did a really good job with the decorating.
I used to nap on that couch all the time! It is so comfy!!
thanks for the compliment. I wish I had more money to do what I want, but you know how that goes.
Natalie, the couch is the best huh? I slept on this couch at gma's too. I agree, so comfy.
Post a Comment