Jakob and I have a pretty regular routine before his morning nap: Wake up; eat breakfast with Daddy; watch Daddy leave for work; play with toys while mommy cleans up breakfast/dishes; head upstairs for bed making, curtain opening, and organizing. We've got the routine down to the minute. It's great because while I clean, Jakob is otherwise engaged: playing with toys or trying to get into as much trouble as possible.
Jakob knows there is a special drawer in the bathroom that he can open. Everytime we go upstairs he bolts for his special drawer-which usually reminds me that I need to take out the "toys" NOT for him, such as adult tooth brushes, floss, tweezers, and toothpaste. Jakob usually finds his toothbrush first and brushes his teeth, which I don't have a problem with since we are trying to encourage brushing teeth without a fight, then fumbles through other odd objects that hardly make any sense to him right now. He is very content with his drawer: opening and closing, pulling objects out, putting objects back, and sucking on everything.
This morning Jakob decided to throw me off our routine by bolting for his room instead of his special drawer. He's so smart! The distraction worked, because I forgot ALL about the "toys." It wasn't until I was in my room making the bed, listening to the soft shuffling of Jakob in his drawer, that I remembered. Just as I was about to investigate the situation, Jakob came crawling into my room. He must have felt the mommy radar, because it was impeccable timing on his part. He sat down and started brushing his teeth. The only problem: IT WAS DADDY'S TOOTH BRUSH!
I couldn't do anything else but laugh. (If only I had the camera nearby) He was doing the best brushing job I have ever seen! Maybe I'll let him brush his teeth with Danny's toothbrush more often. :)
2 comments:
Love it!! That is great.
So cute! I agree...what Danny's doesn't know, won't hurt him :)
Post a Comment