Monday, June 1, 2009

Parade Madness

One thing that we love about our new location is that we are close to EVERYTHING! It is very similar to our duplex in Riverton, because just like in Utah, we are a walk away from the library, grocery store, and the occasional parades. This is the Memorial Day parade in honor of those who fight for our freedom.







There were a ton of boy scouts; but not as many as the Girl Scouts! I was impressed that so many young girls were involved in the program. I think I attended girl scouts for a little while, but not long enough to remember what it was for, or why...I do remember learning how to tie a square knot: right over left, left over right, makes the knot tidy and tight. Yes, I still remember.

Jakob didn't like it that I made him keep his hat on. I'm hoping that he'll get use to it by the end of summer. (thank goodness for a hat that ties!)

Isn't this beautiful? It's a park near our road. I love the trees surrounding the water feature.

Going to the parade made me think of my family, who usually goes camping over memorial day weekend. I also thought about living on Redwood Rd and watching the fourth of July parade pass by my front door. I didn't even have to bother saving a seat because I got front row action every year! (It made me realize how much I miss everyone in Utah)

No comments: