Monday, December 21, 2009

Random Funnies: the disappearing act

Jakob has been transitioning well with the Utah atmosphere. His eating and sleeping habits have been altered, but he certainly has been doing better since the first night.

Unfortunately Jakob is still struggling with the meeting and greeting of aunts, uncles and grandparents. He certainly clings to me a lot more than normal and is slow to warm up around certain family members. With this new transition, Jakob has learned quickly that the only way to avoid this "scary" situation is to disappear-the only way Jakob disappears is by closing his eyes.

Episode #1: Grandpa Rogers
Danny was holding Jakob on the couch when Grandpa Rogers came towards him. Jakob suddenly closed his eyes, only peaking now and then to make sure he or grandpa had disappeared.

Episode#2: The Bathroom
Jakob had just woke up for the day and was slightly disoriented. I put him down and noticed that he had his eyes closed. Seconds later he started walking towards me, both eyes shut, trying to remain invisible.

Episode #3: Aunt Kelly
I was getting some things ready to head out the door when I noticed that my little shadow was no longer following me. Minutes later I went back into the front room to find Jakob standing in the hallway with his eyes closed. Around the corner I noticed Aunt Kelly was staring at him. Apparently he had been standing in the hallway for those few minutes with his eyes closed.

1 comment:

Wes and Amy Larsen said...

I understand Jakob, they are pretty scary sometimes.