I watched Julie & Julia yesterday and thought it was an interesting story. I left the movie feeling two ways. First, All I want to do is find a Julia Childs recipe book and start cooking! And second, I wish I could write.
Some people have this great ability to write whatever it is they're thinking, while using correct grammar AND punctuation in the process. There is no fear in their writing. Me, on the other hand? I'm terrified that what I write hardly makes any sense and in all my effort or oblivion in the entire process, I re-read my writing and noctice incorrect grammar and crazy punctuation marks and stories that barely make sense. *sigh
Anyway...moving on.
Today was a great day! Not only was it a Sunday, but it was also the first time in one whole year that I was able to go to Sunday school and Relief Society all in one day!
How is this possible do you ask?
Well, Danny and I have been blessed to have such wonderful Nursery leaders in our ward. They have been okay with our little Dude attending nursery three weeks before his actual 18 month mark. (This may or may not jinx his attitude towards nursery in the long run, but right now it is making all the difference)
The other reason, actually the main reason, was because our Primary President was released from her calling last week and the presidency has been dissolved. I am no longer the first counselor in the Primary! I have to admit that I am very sad to leave. I just barely started feeling comforable with my responsibilities and the kids and the Presidency; it just doesn't feel like it's time to leave. But alas, the Lord has something else in store for me and I am ready to recieve it.
So...after attending my meetings and enjoying the "spirital feast," I am fully aware that I am having a wonderful day! Primary is a HUGE responsibility full of emotional and physical demands and I didn't realize how much preparation goes into conducting primary until I sat through Sunday school and didn't have to get up to monitor a child who needs to use the bathroom or talk to some of the kids being disruptive. I just sat for 45 minutes doing nothing else but listen to the lesson and apply what was being taught. WOW! What a difference!
What a great day!
4 comments:
I felt happy watching you and Kit come into RS. We'll be so happy to have you there!
Well, you didn't entirely escape, after all...you still had to come track down the nursery key (bless you!) and find a Christmas scripture for Ainsley (bless you again!)....so I'm glad you at least FELT like you got a little bit of a break. :) I'm missing you already though...and trying to channel your calm spirit from across the church building....
That's funny because when we give our teachers a chance to go to RS they usually would rather stay in Primary! Although after yesterday a day just sitting in church would be nice(It was CRAZY!)
I'm amazed you were able to sit through both meetings. After being in Primary I have a hard time just sitting for two hours. Short attention span.
Post a Comment