Tuesday, March 9, 2010

New things from the dude

I am really enjoying Jakob right now-minus the tantrums and the early wake up calls (around 5:00 am) and the hitting and screaming, and....
No, really, Jakob is a lot of fun! He is starting to show his true creativity and personality.

Jakob is so VERY helpful around the house. He loves to wash the dishes and sweep the floor. Recently he has been my little side kick-getting me diapers and wipes to change Molly's diaper and her blanket to keep her warm.

My favorite thing that I've noticed is that NOW whenever he sees the corner of the rug turned over, he will stop what he's playing with and fix it. A child after my own heart!


Jakob has perfected his copy-cat skills. In the past he would only do what Danny was doing, but lately he's discovered that mom is just as cool.

(I was sitting at the table in this position and Jakob copied me. I started doing other things with my hands on my cheek and he followed along.)

His NEW favorite song is Popcorn Popping on the Apricot Tree because he likes to follow the actions. He must have learned this song in nursery...he picked up on it really fast. (i guess i will need to get video of that)


Jakob is also enjoying his creativity with coloring. You can see it in his Primary Pictures:

February 27th-A few tiny scribbles

March 7th-a bunch of scribbles and different colors
As of yesterday this is what Jakob has been looking forward to most: the mail!


...because I let him color all over the envelopes!! And boy does he use up every inch!

1 comment:

Jennifer said...

Awe, I love his little dino jamies.