Friday, March 12, 2010

one month milestone!

Molly Jane is one month old!!
She is starting to smile....
...and coo.

We're still not getting much sleep because she refuses to sleep alone. Any suggestions?

Molly, we love you anyway!

9 comments:

Kim H. said...

bouncer with a vibrater on it...our first girl slept in that for the first three months. It was the only thing that worked.

Wes and Amy Larsen said...

Give her a couple more weeks. She's still very young.

russia boy said...

Corbin slept in a swing in our bedroom for the first few weeks of his life. That was a lifesaver. Also, you could get her one of the headthingys that you clip into a carseat to get her really snuggled down. Both my kids like to be surrounded around their heads and then we handed them a soft toy or soft end of a blanket. GOod luck!

Jenni said...

Oh, she's such a doll face!!!

Let me know when you two need a night out! Jake and I will come on over! ;)

Marla said...

Such a cutie!

Jennifer said...

I love the last picture..Oh she is so cute!!!! So when you say she wont sleep by herself, do you mean in her own bedroom? Or in the crib in your room? I'm assuming she sleeps in your room with you? Will she only sleep when she's snuggled next to you? My boys were so different it took awhile to figure out what would work for them.

If I could give any advice though, as hard as it will be, try not to get comfortable having her sleep/snuggle with you because it will only get harder for her to sleep in her own bed the more she sleeps with you.

Jamie said...

What I mean is that she will not sleep unless she is in someones' arms or near SOMEONE. At night I end up putting her in my bed with me until she falls asleep and then I transfer her to her bed. During the day I have to hold her or put her in her swing (and even the swing doesn't always work). SO, I'm just trying to figure out how to help her adjust. :)

Burtonfamily said...

Do you have a sleep wrap? That is the only way we survived when Henry was born. With 3 kids I HAD to have sleep. Jon said it looked cruel because Henry was looked like he was all locked up. But, he started sleeping through the night about 8 weeks. I bought ours at Babies R Us. I think it was about $12. Good Luck.

Laura Shields said...

Let her sleep in the middle! I know it is tough but at least you would get some sleep. We just got Sammy out of our bed a couple of months ago! Phew...she was getting to big to sleep in the middle =)