Tuesday, May 25, 2010

gardening part three

I'm pleased to present our garden, 2010
This is the flower pot danny got me for mother's day. I hope our little flowers make it! Funny story....well not so funny....but i went outside to check on these little guys and noticed the squirrels had been digging in my pot. They dug up one of our little flowers and it died. We haven't had a problem since then, but I really hope they choose to stay away from my flowers from now on.

This is our orange pepper plant. It's looking a little wilted. It survived a few cold nights, so I hope it can survive the summer heat. (we're keeping the faith with this one)

Just for fun: watermelon! ha ha ha! I have to laugh cause I doubt it will last.

Lettuce: an easy one to grow.

Pea plant and tomatoes! They're doing awesome!

As for the rest: the sunflowers did not survive. We have a sunflower-eating-bug that had it's way with them. *sigh Also, we had one onion that survived-not sure if it will last- and a few more pepper plants "just in case." So....this garden has been our best so far! The nicest part about living in CT is that we don't have to worry about watering it often because it rains! SWEET!
I know, I know....We need to weed.

No comments: