I ran 8 miles on Saturday! That is my accomplishment this week.
Wow, do you know how crazy that is for a person who isn't considederd a runner to run 8 miles without stopping? Pretty crazy!
At any rate. I was thinking about the marathon coming up and I was having some concerns, being a "newbie" and all. My two concerns: will there be water availabe at every mile? I know they provide water, since I've seen it on tv and some people in our ward will be serving water at mile 6 and 20. OR do I just wait until I see it? Also, at what miles do I eat more protein to help with the endurance and soreness? At the beginning? or do I wait more towards the end? I don't know.
I do know that I love the magic bullet. Danny and I drink protein shakes and it's just not the same if you can't add some fruit, yogurt or milk, and some oats (which really isn't that bad. we get extra fiber and it doesn't change the taste of the drink). We are both really getting into this! It's a nice hobby for us. It's good to have goals and meet them. It's the best feeling!
1 comment:
Try ground flax seed. It's really good for you and doesn't change the flavor. I throw it in bread, soup, smoothies, pancakes...
Post a Comment