I was sewing like a mad woman, neglecting my husband, and getting frustrated with my children...It's amazing how procrastination motivates me! Although I didn't procrastinate on purpose. I'd like to think that having family in town and visiting Nauvoo were two good reasons for putting off such a project. Good news: I finished the night before the activity and slept really well.
For the pioneer party each sister in the ward was required to wear an apron (hence the apron project). We played a few pioneer games: find the red potato among yellow potatoes in a pile of mulch; and find the most (plastic) eggs in the hay stack. We also churned, well shook heavy cream, into butter and made little dolls out of sticks, rope and muslin. We ate pioneer food, played games, relaxed in the humidity (chuckle chuckle) ,and chatted.
We lived the life of a pioneer!
1 comment:
Congratulations! Wow! You did a good job. I'm kind of glad you waited until family left. I would have helped you sew them, but...:)
Post a Comment