The Shuttle, the beach, 3 crocodiles, oh my!
We left early to visit the Kennedy Space Center before going to the beach. On our way the 'low fuel level' light turned on. We didn't even notice we were low on gas until that point-GO US! We searched for the nearest gas station, which was 10 MILES AWAY! We were surrounded by bogs of water (crocodile habitats)so there was no chance of a shortcut. Of course I was freaking out, but Danny was pretty confident we would make it....and we did. The entire time I was thinking we would be stranded next to crocodiles, unable to get out of our car.
We drove to the front parking lot of K.S.C, saw the shuttle, then decided to leave-we figured we should visit when we weren't dressed in swim suits. Plus, Danny didn't think we would have enough time at the beach if we spent it at the Center...so we left.
Danny proceeded to follow the GPS to the shore and it took us to a security base! We weren't allowed to pass through, so we had to turn around and find the highway. It wasn't too far out of our trip. just annoying. We entered a Wild Life Reserve Base, which was where Danny decided to make our Beach trip. We saw about 50 vultures hanging out, feeding on dead animals, and standing on poles/signs. When got out of the car I was bombarded by mosquitos! My initial thought was, What kind of place is this? Even though it started out rough, it turned out to be an eventful day!
WOW, I didn't take a single picture at the beach!! Oh well, just picture some sand, water and seashells and there you have it. :)
Highlights:
The waves were HUGE! Bigger than Connecticut waves, by far!
Molly's hat blew off and it got lost in the ocean...eventually Danny found it.
There were 5 fishermen (and women) casting their lines right where we were playing. I was worried about being hooked.
As I was using the bathroom a huge vulture jumped on to the sun roof and started looking in at me. It was slightly awkward.
As we were leaving, we drove past a few swimmers near the end of the road and noticed that one of them was naked. hmmm...
Danny really wanted to see some wild crocodiles so we decided to take a small detour. He spotted the first one a few yards away and suggested we get out to look at it. So we did. Talk about nerve wrecking! After a loud bird squawked at me, I bolted for the car. (we didn't get out for the other two, but still, very cool!)
Since the kids got a good nap in the car, we decided to spend the rest of the day at the pool.
I LOVE VACATION!
And for dinner? Jakob's favorite: Pasta!
No comments:
Post a Comment