Tuesday, November 16, 2010

Orlando Vacay! Day 2

Magic Kingdom!


We had a choice to take the tram or the ferry across the lake to the entrance of the park.  Since J loves water, we took the ferry. 

It kind of took forever, but it was fun.  I personally enjoyed watching the castle get bigger and bigger the closer we got to shore.   Okay, so I may have enjoyed the ferry ride just as much as Jakob. 


 We took our time walking down Main Street, trying to figure out what to do first.  We didn't feel rushed at all!  We decided to start in Adventure land: Swiss Family Robinson Tree house, Jungle Safari Cruise, Aladdin's Carpet ride, and Pirates of the Caribbean!  Most of the rides had a 15 minute wait time...S-A-WEET!

Jakob was unsure about EVERYTHING.  His eyes were wide and curious and he usually had a concerned look on his face, but I could tell that he genuinely wanted to go on the rides. It took some coaxing and reassuring until he finally went on some of the rides-and either he loved it or wanted me to cover his eyes.  (I think the loud noises scared him more than anything)  It sure made the day interesting. 


 For the record, my favorite part about Disney was seeing the light posts and various park features dressed up for the holidays.  I have to admit, I was a little giddy walking through a Halloween-decorated Disney. SO FESTIVE!



In related news, Here are some highlights:
We listened to the Disney Band who, we both agreed, were entertaining and very talented. 


We took a picture in the flying Dumbo statue since J didn't want to go on the ride.  Thank goodness for that statue!

Jakob's favorite ride was Whinny the Pooh.  He still wanted his eyes covered through the scary parts, but he loved seeing characters that he recognized. He even asked to go on it again!  We bought him a cute little Tigger that he held the rest of the day!

...and do you see the sunscreen?  Jakob wanted that connected to his shorts ALL. DAY!  What a goof!



We splurged on a Hot Fudge Brownie Sunday. 

We watched a few shows. 


We went on many "choo choo's" (and one park tram) which Jakob LOVED.   

Next to the trains, Jakob LOVED the cars-which he was barely tall enough to ride on....whew
(p.s. this is a random pic.  there is no relation to the boy in the orange car)


He was so cute with excitement to drive the cars!



He loved it so much I just had to take him again.  I tried to let him take the steering wheel, but you probably already know how that went...it was jerky a few yards before he just gave up. 

We played at the kiddie park in ToonTown and got in line to see Mickey, but J chickened out at the last second...literally! 

(Jakob waiting in line for the train)

We ended our day with a train ride around the park and a parade.   
I'm proud that we got the most bang for our buck! 
I LOVE DISNEY!

Side Note: When the kids are old enough we WILL be returning to attend their Halloween Celebration from 7:00-midnight.  That is a must, since we saw people entering the park dressed up in super expensive, fancy-shmancy costumes.  It looked like fun for an older audience, not tired toddlers. 

No comments: