Sunday, March 27, 2011

Through the eyes of a five year old:









 Here is the proud photographer herself! (ironically this picture was taken by Jakob)

Isn't it amazing to view things from a child's perspective?  Their world is so big compared to the adult world.   

I took the kids and this darling little photographer to Elizabeth Park near Hartford.  It is a quaint little park-perhaps something you would see in the movies- with winding roads that lead to a duck pond, a bridge, an enchanting rose garden, and a plot of land carefully designed and prepared for the flowers we just viewed.

It kind of reminds me of the tulip gardens at Thanksgiving Point in Lehi, Utah. 

Although I had heard many wonderful things about this park before now, this is actually my first time visiting since living in Connecticut.  Unfortunately it was pretty much dead from the harsh winter, but I tried my best to imagine the beauty that filled in the blanks. I'm sure we'll make another trip back in the next few months to see the final product. 


Seeing Ducks = Feeding Ducks

That was the plan.

We came to the park to feed the ducks! 


And like any (boy) toddler, Jakob broke up all his bread in one spot then came running back to me for more.  He tried throwing it to the ducks every now and then, but he really just wanted to destroy that bread!   

Luckily I had the stroller for Molly because handing out bread to anxious children wanting to feed the ducks-near water none the less-spells disaster for a curious baby learning to walk. 

Wouldn't you just love to spend the morning sitting in a stroller lost in thought, watching cute little ducks fight for their breakfast?  I'm sure she had lots on her mind.  


Yeah....we had fun. 

1 comment:

Kim H. said...

She will be so excited, thanks for posting them! She told me all about taking them.