Saturday, May 7, 2011

It's not easy being a mother...

...if it were easy, fathers would do it.  -The Golden Girls


I wanted to acknowledge all the special mother's out there who are a part of my life and give me strength. 

It isn't just the mother who bares children that is given the tile of MOM, but it is the women who gives a part of their life to make a difference in others.  Thank you to all the MOM'S who made a differnce in mine. 

I came across a few quotes that I wanted to share for Mother's Day. They are in no particular order, I just thought they were fitting for what I am experiencing in my life right now:

If there is anything that we wish to change in the child, we should first examine it and see whether it is not something that could better be changed in ourselves. -C.G Jung

Mother's of little boys work from SON up 'til SON down. -anonymous

Parenthood: That state of being better chaperoned than you were before marriage. -Marcelene Cox

The most important thing a father can do for his children is to love their mother.  -Unkown

The simplest toy, one which even the youngest child can operate, is called a grandparent. -Sam Levenson

When you are a mother, you are never really alone in your thoughts.  A mother always has to think twice, once for herself and once for her child. -Sophia Loren

In spite of the seven thousand books of expert advice, the right way to discipline a child is still a mystery.....Only your grandmother and Genghis Khan know how to do it. -Bill Cosby

1 comment:

faith said...

Happy Mother's Day!
I think my favorite is the Marcelene Cox quote. That one made me laugh. :)